How climbing robots could usher in a new age of automation.
WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
- 10 trillion will likely be invested in automation and robotics by 2030.
- But ageing warehouses struggle to adopt new technologies.
- Step forward the SqUID – a new type of box-carrying robot that can be retrofitted to any space, and can even climb the racks.
- Robotics and automation are on the rise – $10 trillion will have been invested in these technologies by 2030, according to some forecasts – and now a new kind of ‘climbing’ robot looks set to transform ageing warehouses.
- Automation is all very well, but if your business has out-of-date infrastructure, the chances are the new technology won’t fit. So how can a business take advantage of the opportunities new digital technologies offer, without having to build expensive new warehouses?